Updated: Nov 11, 2019
Fall always brings about pumpkin! Lattes, pies, soups, protein bars, potato chips...the list goes on and on. Everywhere you turn, there seems to be a new pumpkin treat. So this year, I when wanted to bring a healthy dessert option to a pot luck, I looked to my favorite gourd and it told me what it wanted to be. Raw Pumpkin Cheesecakes. Bravo! :)
Here is my Instagram video!
Pumpkin is a very high source of Vitamin A and dietary fibre, two things we don't get a lot of in our natural diet. So maybe the saying should be, "you're the pumpkin of my eye ;)"
1 1/4 cups coconut flakes
8 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
2 tbsp. Coconut oil
1/2 Golden flax, ground
1/4 tsp. rock salt
1 1/2 cups of Cashews, soaked for 4+ hours
1/2 cup Maple syrup or unpasturized honey
3/4 cup Pumpkin puree
1 tsp Pumpkin pie seasoning
1/4 tsp rock salt
1. Grind flaxseed and melt coconut oil in sauce pan over medium heat
2. In food processor, process all ingredients until a dough is formed, should take about 2- 3 mintues. It's done when it forms between your fingers.
3. Pour crust dough into pan, (I used mini muffin tin, but you can also use a pie pan, springform-whatever you have around)
4. Place in fridge to slightly set.
1. Place all filling ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth
2. Pour into mold/pan
Place in freeze for 6-8 hours. Store in freezer. For best results, let thaw in fridge prior to serving.
eat well. work hard. see you in a heartbeat.
*recipe tribute from beyondnourished